1. Big Mercy (the remote control helicopter) is stuck VERY high up in a huge tree in our field (the empty lot next to us). Instead of being upset, the boys seem quite excited by this. I’m hoping the wind picks up and Big Mercy (don’t ask me about the name…I don’t know) will fly safely to the ground…… Ernie continues to hate the sister-in-law he used to love. Tormenting us gives her great joy.
2. Leo seems to like his teacher and his first few days of school. He won’t say much but he’s smiling….so far, so good….
3. I’m going to plant more Brandywines next year. My other tomatoes are good but the Brandywines are AMAZING. I had grown them once before and not found them that special but these certainly are! The first time I got the seed from Burpee—this time I got the plant from seed-savers.com
4. Leo is franchising his lemonade stand. He’s drawing a bunch of lemonade stand signs and plans to sell them to other kids that want to have a lemonade stand. I’m hoping Leo will support me in my old age.
5. We’re having a lobster dinner tonight at my folks’ house. Since they couldn’t go to Maine and Debbie and I thought of them when we had lobster there, my sister Debbie gave us some $ towards a lobster dinner for home. I can’t wait. Ernie just went off to buy everything and then we’ll trundle over there and destroy their house no doubt….