1. My mother seems to like the Meals on Wheels…WOOO-HOOOOOO! This first month is a gift from my sister—we’ll see if Mom can bring herself to continue it. She seems to think they should be cheaper—-I’ve tried to explain that they aren’t a cost saving measure–they’re supposed to make your life easier. Anyway—-early returns are promising….
2. What the hell were we thinking when we gave Owen a cd boombox for his birthday? I’m am so sick of that Yellow Pills cd echoing down the stairs from his room. We let him play some Ramones and a Sweet disc (per Don Gerard’s suggestion….man do I LOVE Sweet) but he gave them back and said he liked them but he really wanted something more rock and roll. Then he went back to playing his Yellow Pills cd….. I do love my little popster!
3. Today is party preparation day. Ernie has to make the fire truck cake and I have to decide whether I’m going to give in and buy a bunch of crap for goodie bags. Who came up with that idea? I hate them with a passion.
4. There’s a backhoe driving around next door. We live next to an empty house owned by a crazy man. I’ll have to explain more some time. The boys love the construction equipment though.
5. We didn’t get a good birthday shot of Owen. I’m going to try again later when it’s sunnier. I don’t think these do him justice…