1. Last night I was so tired I went to bed at 9:15, which given the recent time change, means I conked out around 8:15 at night. Slept happily through the night though so I guess I needed it. Still managed to get up too late to take a shower which I have come to realize means the gray hairs pop up higher than the brown hairs on my head. Ahhhh, vanity….and I seem to have so little vanity left these days….
2. Yesterday, as I was going to my van I was talking to Ernie as he was pulling the booster seats out of my van and I got into the passenger side and sat there for a minute before I realized that I had to drive myself. Sometimes I wonder about myself….
3. Leo has reported that Owen is the ‘King of Badness.’ He explained that sometimes people are SO bad that they are the King of Badness…..
4. Owen just sighs and says, "Leo really loves me, he just doesn’t like to say it."
5. It’s fall registration time at Co-op Nursery School and for the first time since 2002 I won’t be registering a boy there…..sigh.
6. Owen repeated to Ernie the story of my sister Judi making me eat orange peel as a child to join her secret club—only to have her and her friends laugh and say there was no secret club after I ate it. He repeated it verbatim to Ernie so it must have made an impact. Take that Aunt Judi! HA! I only brought it up after Leo said he had a secret club and I shouted "THERE WILL BE NO SECRET CLUBS IN THIS HOUSE." Leo just kind of looked at me like, ‘what’s with you Mom?’
7. It’s supposed to be in 70’s today! It’s starting to be gardening weather! I always wanted to have a gardening holiday. Not that the University would go for it but at my last job my boss was a gardener and I kept pushing this idea (to no avail of course). You know how some companies give you your birthday off as a holiday? Wouldn’t it be great if you had one floating gardening holiday? So, when you woke up and the weather was perfect, you could just call in and say, "I’m sorry I won’t be in, I’m taking my floating gardening holiday" and then you could go outside and happily dig in the dirt with your plants….
If wishes were horses I guess…..