1. Yes, to those of you asking, it was the LuAnn you remember that I got to see the other night. And yes, she was as charming as ever. Check Stephanie’s blog for more…..
2. Several firsts in the garden yesterday. The first cherry tomatoes:
AND….sigh…the first Japanese Beetle:
on a better note…the first Gooseneck Loosestrife blooming:
3. The other day as Leo was demonstrating his swimming skills I happened to mention how impressed his Aunt Debbie would be when she saw him do that in Maine. He stopped, looked at me in disbelief and said, "I’m not going to do this in SALT water." My sweet pea…..
4. When Owen sang his lullaby to me last night he did several additional verses, one of which talked about how when the sun came back up it would be time to do whatever you wanted all day and then it would go down again and you could go to sleep. I want to be Owen.
5. Here is a bloom on my neighbor Dave’s Datura. I show it with some pride as I planted the first Datura a couple of years ago in his yard. It has reseeded since then and now the flowers and the fragrance seem to be an essential part of our summer.