1. Don’t forget….tonight is the night a Vertebrats song, performed by the Leonards, will air on the show Ugly Betty. Why am I going to watch? Just because.
2. I’ve been sick the last couple of days…missed a day of work and went home early yesterday. I seem to be better this morning. I think I was probably kind of run down at this point so I’m not surprised.
3. Halloween plans changed suddenly and Leo decided he wanted to be a Union Pacific train conductor and Owen wanted to be a motorcycle racer. So I don’t need to spend the weekend making a train engine and a firetruck. Ernie and I went to Dallas and picked up a train conductor’s hat. I looked at the costumes you could buy—there were some uniforms I thought I could change into a conductor’s uniform but they were awfully cheesy. So we went to a children’s consignment store and got a little black suit and dress shoes to go with it, along with a couple of sweaters that were on sale—all for less than the cost of the costume. Now I just have to come up with a tie and the badges, etc. and he will carry a ticket punch and some tickets. Here is he trying his jacket on:
I didn’t get a picture of Owen in his motorcyle racer outfit but that won’t be a problem as he’s wearing it constantly. It IS one of the cheesy costumes but I wasn’t feeling up to making a racing jumpsuit thingy. It was marked 7-10—don’t know if that’s size or age but either way I figured it should be plenty big enough for a 5 year old.
The only thing that fits under it is his pajamas—he may freeze on Halloween. Owen is huge. Huge. He is so happy when he wears it though. You can just see the pride emanating from him….. My sweet peas.
4. I’ve got to convince my mother to let me take over her bills—she’s being a bit resistant (and oh is she good at that) but the other day the water company came out to shut off their water. sigh.
5. The last few evenings have been chilly but we’ve spent them sitting outside around our firepit. The best thing about it is that it’s a neighbor magnet too….very fun…..