1. Judi goes in to get scans done today. She’s a bit anxious and they make her really sick on top of that so send good thoughts.
2. I realized after I had bought Owen his little Indiana Jones Lego set that I had managed to purchase my child a toy figure that carries a gun. Oops. When I commented on that Owen was quick to reassure me that the bullets in the gun didn’t kill people…they just knock them out for fifteen hours and that in fact they are known as fifteen-hour bullets. He seemed quite pleased with his story. Leo has a similar one about a computer game—-when I protested the car crashes he quickly explained that the figures in the cars were dummies and that the cars were exploded by remote control so that nobody was hurt….and then he looked at me hopefully with bright eyes….what’s a girl to do? They are certainly aware of what I don’t approve of and why….
3. Owen’s home sick. Is he sick or just sick of kindergarten? I’m not sure but he really does need to see a doctor about that cough—it’s brutal and he is tired all the time, constantly rubbing his eyes. I’ll feel better if a doctor checks him out. I told him if he stayed home he had to stay in bed all day and no playing with Lego. He said o.k. and asked if he could bring the empty Lego box to bed with him. I said yes. Then I looked at Ernie and said, "If I stay home I’ll stay in bed ALL day too." He just laughed and said "I bet you would…."
4. Leo showed up in our bed last night. Owen was already there but sound asleep so Ernie popped him into his own bed because there’s only so much room for God’s sake. It’s a queen size bed but I’m not a tiny girl, there’s Ernie then two very large manx cats…. I woke up at one point and Leo was nestled in against me but he had one arm stretched out and wrapped around Ernie’s neck. My sweet pea. Ernie got up early so when Owen woke up he trotted back in and got in with Leo and me for awhile.
5. My stomach is not so happy. Couldn’t eat breakfast. Unfortunately stress does not usually keep me from eating…if only it did—I’d look great! I better not be getting sick because that just can NOT happen this week.
6. My blogroll is WAY outdated. I must redo it soon—there are lots of people I need to add. So if you’ve added me and I haven’t done the same just be patient….