1. My father was moved into a nursing home last night. Yesterday was a long day….half day of work, then nursing home, hospital, etc. with my mother. My father talks a little but mostly just sleeps.
2. Leo has a new business plan with some friends. They will have a cupcake/chocolate chip cookie/lemonade business in the park near us. It will open June 7, 2008. Owen was hired but left in a ‘you can’t fire me because I quit’ kind of altercation.
3. Owen says he sees colors when he hears music. He also wrote a song called Cut Out the Mad.
4. Went out to Artists Against Aids last night with Bob and Ann. I rambled a lot talking about my father. They are incredibly kind and loving friends.
5. You know how all I do is complain about taking my father to church? The thought of not taking him tomorrow breaks my heart.
6. My mother isn’t doing well.
7. What would I do without my sweet peas?
8. Speaking of peas…some of my pole beans and sugar snap peas are up!
9. The drive to South Carolina last week was really beautiful. As I hit southern Illinois and Kentucky it was all blooming redbuds contrasting with the bright, bright green of new leaves. Than as I went through Tennessee it became the black-green of pines against the bright new green leaves. Then I hit South Carolina and it was an explosion of color—dogwoods everywhere, azaleas glowing and the red dirt below it all. Amazing.