1. I think I am not in a good mood today. Perhaps it's because I was awake from 3:45 a.m. to 5:45 a.m. and then went back to sleep. I think I've got allergy stuff going on too and the result of both is that I feel like crap.
2. I've sworn off writing about the boys and school here but I am biting my tongue so hard it's frigging bloody and that's not contributing to my mood either.
3. Of course the boys, or Indy and Jock as they like to be called, are, shall we say, QUITE excited about the Indiana Jones movie. I think we're going tomorrow afternoon.
4. Leo wants to make a stop-action video of putting Lego together. Anyone know how to do that? Eh, I know that's what we have Google for but remember….I'm tired today.
5. The asparagus that Ernie bought yesterday was so beautiful (and cheap) that we ate two bunches of it. Just sauteed it a bit in olive oil, added a bit of leftover penne, some pancetta and a couple of eggs….sort an ersatz asparagus carbonara I guess. It tasted like spring.
6. Someone told me yesterday that mourning takes a lot of energy and that it's o.k. to be tired. That was nice to hear.
7. I forgot all about Memorial Day….so the three day weekend is a nice surprise….
8. Here's the song that's going through my head this morning. I love Peter Case.