1. SAVE THE DATE! The weekend of April 1, 2011 (not sure which night yet) will find the inimitable Phil Lee, with Tom Mason, at our house. This should not be missed so you better etch it on your little calendar now….
2. SNOW! I love snow!
3. We had a lovely evening last night. I hit Walgreens to stock up on things for the advent calendar, got home and we listened to David Olney sing a lovely song on a lovely new guitar, ordered a few Christmas presents, then we set up the Christmas trees on the mantel and Leo positively danced with joy. I can add him to my list of curmudgeonly romantics. Man I love that boy…. I helped Owen do his homework….well, basically all I did was sit next to him while he did it, rubbing his back once in awhile and sniffing his hair every so often because he smelled good. Sat in the dark and admired my mantel, listened to my child complain about not being fed, cooked dinner, talked to my sister, ate dinner, watched a little forgettable tv and then got into bed and listened to the wind whistle outside while I curled up with my kindle, a glass of wine and a homemade chocolate chip cookie.
4. That lovely evening ALMOST makes up for the fact that I seem to be getting a cold. DAMN it. I've been pretty healthy and was feeling so proud of myself….
5. And of course….speaking of calendars up there on #1….please don't forget the Christmas House Concert on next Saturday, December 11, 2010 with Fats Kaplin and Kristi Rose. Their new Christmas album, I Wonder As I Wander, is absolutely stunning. It's a lovely contemplative collection of Christmas songs. I like this quote I saw on their Reverb Nation page: "With this thought provoking album, Fats and Kristi Rose, delve deep into the meaning of Christmas, reminding us of the season’s beauty, mystery, joy and poignant longing." Yup. That's pretty much it. All are welcome, you can rsvp to me or on facebook. It will be an appetizer and dessert potluck and if Leo has his way, our house will be appropriately festive! You can donate toward the music that night or click on the picture at the top of the right hand column here.
6. Yes. I think I really am getting a cold.
7. The dumpster is at my Mom's house and today Ernie and his brother are going to move my mother's cupboard over to our house. I'm sad to see my cupboard go….my parents bought it for me when I was about 15 or so—–so I'd have someplace to put my glass. I really love my mother's cupboard though so I guess it's time…..things have to change, don't they?
8. Here's your morning treat….