1. I love Phil Lee.
2. I now love Jan King.
3. I love the Jans Project.
4. A lot.
5. Ernie REALLY does a mean pulled pork.
6. Never loosen a cap of barbecue sauce and put it back on the table without tightening it back up.
7. Owen pulling open the door of the media room twice during Secret Agent Man, once to clap along and once to sing a chorus, before retreating back behind the door. That boy's got a sense of timing.
8. As Owen was rambling on Sunday morning Phil Lee looked at me and said, "Do you know how you can tell a kid is lying?" We shook our heads no and he said, "cause their lips are moving." Somehow Phil seemed to understand Owen quite well. Later, when we were giggling about that comment Owen sighed and said, "well, Phil Lee is dramatic." We howled with laughter and I sputtered, "Pot? Meet kettle. Kettle? Meet pot." We did have to explain that later.
9. Phil Lee is now on Owen's list of favorite shows, directly after Fats Kaplin and Kristi Rose and even edging out his beloved Rod Picott. Whew! That is NO small feat Mr. Lee!
10. Leo thought it was all too loud but bore it stoicly.
12. The Jans guys doing Ian's Who Do You Love with Steve L singing….and then going right into Johnny Thunder's Born To Lose (or Too Loose as may be…). They made me giddy. GIDDY I tell you!
13. The Jans guys sounded absolutely great…..love them to pieces….little tiny pieces….
14. I'm hoping my beloved Van will have a clip of Phil and Jan at some point. They sounded absolutely wonderful. Jan's guitar playing is gorgeous and her quiet harmonies were perfect. She also was of course the perfect foil for Phil. Absolutely wonderful. Phil….well he one very special guy. Sweet and funny….just how I like 'em…..oh yeah, and phenomenonally talented as well of course…
15. My ceiling fan blew out all the candles on my birthday cake. It couldn't have been timed better. I damn well hope that ceiling fan gets what it wished for. Thank you Teri…and I'm sorry I never wore the tiara! Did I wear the tiara? I don't think I wore the tiara.
16. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everybody that came!
17. Thank you.