1. It's not even that hot yet, just in the mid 80's, but it already feels steamy and heavy outside. Ernie popped a few plants in the ground as I stood and pointed but we didn't stay out for long. This feels like August to me. Ugh. I'm not a hot weather person, and although Ernie used to be, the treatments he's on make him very, very sensitive to the heat, so we're probably in for the day. One more thank you for air conditioning.
2. I'm sitting here trying to convince Ernie that it was really rather smart of Bob to poop in the fireplace since the litter box was too dirty for his taste. I'm not getting terribly far with my argument. Soon, Owen heads off to work and Leo heads off to a Parkland orientation kind of thing. It will be just Ernie and me at home.
3. Last night, the band was over and they held a ritual burning of the Christmas tree they'd had in the garage and never gotten rid of. They were smart and had a hose at the ready. Reportedly there is photo documentation but Owen doesn't want to share it with me. "Live in the moment MOM!"
4. I've been pretty dizzy this morning….trying to figure out how much the medication helps before it makes me too sleepy and knocks me out. Going back to work next week is going to be interesting, to say the least.
5. Owen and I went to Prairie Gardens for seed shopping yesterday. Yes, it's getting a little late in the season, and no, I'm not quite sure when he will have his garden area ready, but it's still really a delight to go seed shopping with your son. Afterward he wanted to run by an antique mall that's nearby. I was feeling pretty shaky but I could tell he really wanted to so off we went. I tell you, I wish we were still in the heyday of antiquing, because the boy has it. I bought two little things for him and one for myself. I'm so easy…..when I see an orphan I need to bring it home. So did I need a little 1870's Lily of the Vally salt dish? No! It would have had a lid originally but it's a charming little thing on its own and it was $8. Then Owen and I tootled home in Cyril. Wing windows really are pretty wonderful.
And yes, that is laundry on the dining room table, but I will note that at least it's clean.
Cyril goes seed shopping.
6. Leftover spinach and rice for breakfast along with some Nick Hornby. I have been reading a book or two a day, and could use recommendations…nothing too serious, nothing with too much crime, although mysteries are good as long as I don't have to read long passages from a serial killer's point of view.