1. I haven't been blogging much, partly because the computer was enlisted for the living room recording studio. Yes. At least on the second day, Rascal stepped in to take charge.
2. On a recent trip I fell in love with this building. It's in Oakland, IL, and when you peer in you can see all the old cases and shelves just waiting for you. Evidently, it was the old drug store. I want it.
3. I love my wandering. I'll have to curb it a bit when I start working again, but for now, as along as we can afford gas, it gives me great joy.
4. I liked this building. And I liked it even more when I pondered it a bit. As you can see it's an Oddfellows building, and it's also the Haskell Memorial. AND, when you look at the cornerstone, you'll see it says, "This Stone Donated by Everett Haskell Welch, Pomona, CAL. Laid By Mrs. Abigail L. Haskell, Lee Center, ILL, April 1913.
Sometimes you don't even need to know the story, it's just enough to know they are out there.
5. I've got no words for Dickeyville Grotto. You should go see it. Now I have some of the other Midwestern grottos on my to-do list!
6. And in a little town, we drive down the street and there sits the Hurst Hotel. The speakers in the town play oldies even though nobody is on the street. I worry about all these buildings.