1. Owen wandered into my room this morning. I asked him if he wanted to go to the farmers' market, but he said, no, he really wanted to do some work in the yard. Well, OKAY. He went out and started weeding while I ate breakfast. I headed out and supervised. He weeded a ton and then planted most of my flower seeds. I am SO happy. I still need to buy some more seeds or rethink what we're doing in a spot or two, but now my nasturtiums, zinnias, and cosmos are in. We came in and it started to rain.
Heaven. There is NOTHING better than the sound of rain after you have planted seeds.
My sweet pea.
2. Ernie's going to miss his tree peonies this year…and I think it's their best year yet!
3. Ray Bonneville is a week from today. CAN we pull of a house show without Ernie? Come and see! I am 100% confident that this will be a great show. I'm planning on making some kind of Thai bison/quinoa salad. It will be an experiment!
In other house concert news, we have shows booked for August and September. In August, my beloved David Olney returns! I can't wait to have him and Dan Seymour here. And in September we will have Brit Julian Dawson. Looking forward so much to these. Thursday, August 15 for David and Dan, and Saturday, September 14 for Julian. Mark your calendars!
4. Ernie has been very kind, sending me sign pictures. Here are a few from Ogden and Salt Lake.
5. My beautiful baby, with the Big Boy and the 844 behind him. I can't believe this has really happened! They leave Ogden tomorrow, chasing the trains back to Cheyenne. After that they head to Montana to hunt down some old Milwaukee Road substations.