I've been too busy this week to even post, and I'm not feeling at all well today, so I fear this will be particularly random.
1. Monday, I got home late after a really long day, and Ernie had a dinner of perfectly grilled chicken thighs and salad for me. It ALWAYS tastes better when someone else makes it. Thank you, baby.
2. That night I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and when I opened the door to the hallway, I could smell…..Cyril. It turns out Owen had brought Cyril's carburetor upstairs to work on. The next day it was sitting on a table in the living room Ernie asked him why and he said because he thought we might want to see it. So thoughtful, that boy. Here is still life of lunch and carburetor.
3. I made a big mistake this week. I ate a frozen gluten-free pizza. It used to be one of my favorite guilty pleasures. No more, I guess. Sigh. It tasted delicious. But, last night and much of today have not been pretty. At all. Damn it.
4. On a more positive note, I made an excellent dinner the other night. A bed of salad greens, some avocado, and cucumber, a good-sized dollop of ginger-scallion sauce, with a seared piece of tuna on top of that, sprinkled with crispy quinoa. It was heavenly. I miss the crunch of croutons or breadcrumbs so sometimes I take leftover quinoa and well, basically fry the heck out of it in some olive oil, and you end up with little crispy, whispy nibbles of quinoa. It was the perfect finishing touch.
5. Owen and his uncle Michael continue to work on Cyril's guts. The boys really lucked out in the uncle territory (well, aunts too, of course). When Owen was little, he would get the words 'Michael,' and 'Uncle' confused, so he always called him Michael Michael. It was wonderful.
6. I love this window full of old vacuum cleaners.
7. I always know summer is winding down when the Sweet Autumn Clematis begins to open.
Ok, that's all. Hope everyone is doing well.