1. Open windows, how I love you.
2. After a piss-poor year in the garden, there are a few brights spots at long last. I gotta think long and hard about what to plan for next year, especially after losing most of one of my beds to the disastrous aster yellows. I kinda love the name of it though….aster yellows.
3. Leo came home after a long weekend in Minneapolis chasing a Milwaukee Road steam engine.
4. Owen managed to finish his essay on Mr. & Mrs. Smith and was pleased to work the term 'corporate schlock' into it.
5. Other than all that, I have no news or anecdotes. A quiet week, a quiet weekend. Ernie and I drove about a bit. We stopped for a drink at J.T. Walker's in Mahomet as I recall when that building was an antique shop I loved…many, many moons ago. I liked it well enough until I saw they had a beer named after the Chief so that pretty much did it for me. We wandered on.