1. Man, what a week. Up, down, up, down.
2. For the record, Owen is no longer working at Record Swap and I certainly won't ever step foot in the place. Over the years I'd heard there were some personality issues there, and have friends that certainly experienced that, so why did I naively think Owen wouldn't fall prey to it? I don't know, but it was a pretty terrible experience for my guy. Glad they treat him right at Black Dog. Shake it off, shake it off. Michael Pollock used to tell me that when I got upset. Shake it off.
3. In other, more pleasant news, the house concert cooking has begun. Well, at least Ernie has begun it. I'm directing it from my chair where I've been working all day, but am now taking a break to post a few things here. We're making wild rice with squash, pomegranate and pistachios, and an ersatz Ethiopian vegetable stew. The test runs were pretty damn good.
4. Mail from the inimitable Pat Daily.
5. These are SUCH a bad idea. I deeply love Cheetos, and even though I'm generally not eating this kind of stuff these days, I had to try these. Suffice to say, I threw them away which are words I never thought I would say in regard to a Cheeto. Just wrong.
6. Sunday night we were in Missouri and had gone for a drink, eaten dinner and crawled into bed with one last glass of wine, a ripe pear and a piece of chocolate…..and then my FAVORITE episode of Sponge Bob came on. Sometimes life is just damned good
. I was so happy I took about 50 pictures of the tv screen.
See you tomorrow night at Will Kimbrough!