1. My brain just isn't functioning. I did some work today but after getting done what had to be done I stopped because I couldn't seem to string two words together.
2. I keep wanting to call my mother, or my sister, Judi. I've talked to my sister Debbie but automatically want to talk to my mom and Judi too. It's funny because although I still miss them terribly, I don't generally miss them in the pick-up-the-phone-to-call-them-before-you-remember-they're-gone kind of way. This week though, I have.
3. On Saturday Leo drove me to the hospital as Owen had our car. He stayed for a couple of hours and then left me there, coming back to pick me up later. As he drove me Ernie's mother kept popping into my head and I couldn't figure out why. Finally, it dawned on me that this was one of the first times I felt like I had my adult son taking charge and helping me. I can't quite articulate it, but given that I grew up in a family of girls, this somehow reminded me of Alice.
4. I left my thermos thingy that I use for lemon water at the hospital. I'm sure I could have called and gone back and got it but I just could not bring myself to go back. It was a tad old and worn anyway. I'll buy a new one.
5. It's funny how quickly the hospital and the rituals of cancer treatment become familiar again.
6. Here's my last foot photo from the hospital. Watching Hallmark movie for hours and hours yesterday. No WONDER I can't put two words together today.