1. I showered yesterday, so there's that. I'm wearing a shirt I like that I haven't worn in a long time. It's a little too big so it may have appeared I was wearing pajamas in my recent Zoom meeting but I'm ok with that. I am bound and determined to make today a bit better. Ernie and Owen are outside doing some yard work so I can plant seeds later today. Owen's doing most of it. I was going to make Leo do some but I know it would take years off his life and drive us crazy so I will assign him some things to do inside instead.
2. I'm going to plan a long drive for the weekend. I want to go on a wander so bad it hurts, but a long drive should help. Maybe a little Indiana?
3. Oh, did I tell you that Owen is getting Best Male Hair in the Central High yearbook? I laughed so hard I almost cried. They asked for a picture. I wanted him to submit this one but I got outvoted by his girlfriend and I figure I have to defer (which is fine, I love her). Now he'll have to get a yearbook. He wasn't going to get one and didn't get a senior picture taken. I wasn't going to argue. My mother made me get a yearbook even though I didn't want to and I have no idea where that thing is today. As my friends have told me, 'you breed weasels, you get weasels.'
4. We splurged and got steaks for the three meat-eaters in the house. We hardly ever get steak but Owen went shopping and suggested it so I said sure. And….you know, you win some, you lose some.
I was cooking them in a couple of cast iron skillets and I, uh, got a bit distracted. This was the worst one so I took it. Honestly, though, it didn't taste nearly as burnt as it looked. It wasn't dried out, just, um..burnt. The vegetables tasted as spring as spring can taste. Asparagus, peas and green onions, with a bit of butter. I almost always use olive oil with vegetables…the butter was a surprisingly delightful addition.
5. And for breakfast, Ernie made me eggs with the leftover vegetables.
6. Hey, Bob? Got anything to say about those scratches on the wall behind you?