2. I forgot to acknowledge Rascal on National Black Cat Appreciation Day. My apologies. Here he is appreciating some sumac spiced chicken with green beans and cherry tomatoes with basil.
3. There are times that life just tires Bob out, so when he uses the litter box on days like that he just rests his head on the edge of the box as he uses it. It can be a bit disconcerting if you happen to catch his eye.
5. After a long day, and waiting for Owen to fix his dinner, a simple lamb burger on a gluten-free bun with a glass of wine is the perfect dinner. I think lamb might be my new favorite burger.
6. When the Sweet Autumn Clematis begins to bloom I know that summer is on its way out. I'm not sorry to see it go this year. This has been a bit of a lost summer for us. We tried, we planted zinnias and our windowboxes but then we just gave up…then the tree came down and we officially said the yard was over for us this year.
7. And in a moment of utter truth, I share with you the godawful disaster. Next year, next year.