1. I don't know what your day is like but we're in sync with Bob so we pretty much look like this:
2. Later we're seeing a few friends. HUMANS! In PERSON!
3. Given that I'm just a little work, cook, watch cooking show, sleep and repeat machine….here you go:
Our beloved Dennis had gifted us with a pork rack roast so we cooked it the other day and GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN was it good. I just browned the flat side in olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and then popped it in the oven. Then I made some quasi-fried rice with leftover rice and various vegetables in the pan I had browned the meat in. Simple and really good.
4. Last night Ernie and I had some Fjord trout with spiralized zucchini with the last of my kale pesto.
5. There was really not much for Owen to eat so we scrounged around and found a pork tenderloin in the freezer, which he loves. Seared it in a ton of pepper with salt and olive oil and finished it in the oven. I made a batch of his beloved sesame noodles and pulled out a bag of snow peas. Done.
6. I sat outside for a long time yesterday, first in a meeting, and then just hanging with Ernie. Despite the disaster of our yard this year there are still flowers blooming and butterflies everywhere. Oh, and we're on pumpkin watch because of the rogue pumpkin vine! Can't complain.